WebClass – it is a platform for video conferencing, online seminars, lectures, workshops, webinars, discussions, etc.
- designed for a large number of users;
- public and private chat and file sharing;
- automatic reconnection in case of communication interruptions;
- demonstration of the speaker’s desktop to the listeners;
- download and display presentations in standard formats;
- whiteboard with pointer;
- functions of raising a hand and expressing emotions with smiley-face emoji;
- recording of the lecture (conference, presentations) with the possibility of playback
How it works?
The WebClass service is based on the BigBlueButton platform – easy-to-use open source software. Participants have different opportunities – depending on their role in the conference
- Participate in discussions (using your device’s microphone and/or webcam)
- Write messages in chat, use smileys
- Vote/take part in polls
- Write in shared notes and download them to your device
- Accept invitations to meeting rooms
- Download and manage slides
- Make notes
- Show videos
- Organise surveys and publish results
- Control listener microphones (mute/unmute)
- Block listeners’ actions (for example, ban them from creating private chats)
- Give anyone (including themselves) the role of speaker
- Create meeting rooms
- Write subtitles
- Start/stop recording
- End the conference
Specialists from Carleton University (Canada) have developed a convenient and clear guide to using the BigBlueButton platform. URAN is currently working on the translation of the instructions, and for now you can use the English version.
How to get WebClass service?
In Ukraine, WebClass is provided and supported by the URAN Association.
You can access it as follows:
- If you are a participant of the conference please use the link sent to you by the conference organiser
- If you are an organiser of the conference please use your eduGAIN account or your personal account
If you do not have an eduGAIN account or a personal account, or have difficulty using the service, please contact our staff.
What does WebClass coast?
The service is provided by contract for web conferences’ organisers. Prices for video conferencing depending on the number of simultaneous conferences and the maximum number of participants are given in the table (in Ukrainian language)
If you have trouble using the WebClass platform, please contact our technical specialists. They will help to set up the service and advise on all matters.