eduVPN - tool for building virtual private networks for research and education community
What is eduVPN for?
To protect your privacy. eduVPN creates a tunnel that protects your traffic from prying eyes, even when you’re in your favorite cafe or on the train.
What exactly does eduVPN do?
- Provides users with access to the internal resources of the internal network of their “home” institution.
• Creates secure gateways to reliable networks and allows end-users to send and receive data over shared or public networks as if the user’s device is directly connected to the private network of their “home” institution.
Who is it for?
For scientific and education community: researchers, students, staff of scientific and educational institutions.
Why is it good?
- Integrates with common authentication methods used in many organisations, such as SAML, Shibboleth, LDAP, RADIUS, and ADFS.
- Provides data protection for users who have access to the Internet from potentially dangerous places, such as public WiFi in cafes or train stations.
- Allows users to access their home institution network from a remote location, such as working from home.
- Has simple but powerful permission management.
- Easily installed on your own server.
- No need to pay for a software license no matter how many users are connected at one time.
- Applications are available for all major platforms – Windows, macOS, iOS, Android.